Parent Support Services
Parenting is the most challenging job that some adults undertake. With such high demands, it’s not uncommon to feel frustrated. Parents can lose control when they are feeling isolated, involved in difficult relationships, experiencing financial stress or lacking information on child development and child-rearing techniques.
However, becoming an informed parent will help build effective child rearing skills and find a place within the community.
There are a multitude of programs to support parents who have children with special needs and other difficulties in Greater Atlanta.
- Friendship Circle of Atlanta
- Jewish Family & Career Services
- Parent to Parent of Georgia
- Partners in Policymaking at AADD
- Georgia Parent Mentor Partnership helps families and schools work together to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Temple Sinai Parent Autism Support Group
If you are looking to connect with other parents, you can join the Greater Atlanta Jewish Abilities Alliance (JAA) Parent Listserv (formerly the Amit Parent Listserv). For adult individuals with disabilities and their families, you can join the Greater Atlanta Jewish Abilities Alliance (JAA) Listserv for Adults.