Dyslexia Day at the Capitol
February 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dyslexia Day At The Capitol will look a little different this year as a virtual event but there are still ways to show your support for our mission and goals.
We’ve got some creative ways to reach out to our representatives this year and look forward to working with you to get our message out. There will still be opportunities for your organization to be listed on materials that are distributed to our legislators and once you sign up, we’ll be in touch with more information as it becomes available.
Our Mission: To raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children, and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia.
• A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
• Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
• Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
• Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
• Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia