Spring/Summer 2022 Microgrant Recipients:
Ahava Early Learning Center – Sensory Regulation Centers
Congregation Ohr HaTorah – Inclusive Siddurs
Limmud Atlanta + Southeast – ASL Interpreting Services
MJCCA Day Camps – Hammocks for Camper Zen Zone
Ramah Darom – Sensory Swings
Seeds of Wonder Journey School – Outdoor Sensory Area
SOJOURN – Sensory Tent for 2022 Pride Event
Temple Beth Tikvah – Flexible Seating
Temple Emanu-El – Adapted Family Bathroom
The Weber School – Charlie Kramer Visit
The Jewish Abilities Alliance (JAA) invites camps, synagogues, schools and other Jewish agencies to apply for funding of up to $1500 for disability inclusion initiatives, such as programs, supplies or accessibility accommodations. Grantees will be selected by a committee and evaluated on the project’s innovativeness, impact, leadership, and organization. Grantees will be notified via email.
To receive this grant, you are required to:
- Demonstrate how your idea or project will create opportunities for inclusion of individuals with disabilities in the Jewish community
- Launch your project within 6 months of receiving the award
- Complete required post-project follow up (see below)
Other eligibility notes:
- Funded projects must serve the greater community or a group of community members. Projects designed to serve an individual cannot be funded.
- Microgrants cannot cover staffing or ongoing operational costs.
- Microgrants cannot retroactively fund projects or cover the cost of already-implemented projects or purchases.
- All funded projects must be driven by a community agency – JAA is available to assist in developing partnerships around projects.
- Agencies who did NOT receive funding during JAA’s most recent microgrant cycle (fall 2021) will be given priority.
Required project follow-up:
- A 1-3 minute video of the completed project or initiative (or photos, if video is not possible)
- A meeting or site visit with JAA to demonstrate the project or initiative in action
- Completion of a brief post-project survey and a story or quotes about the impact of the project
Applications are now closed. Check back this fall for our fall/winter application cycle.